have you had your dojo mojo today?

Thursday, May 25, 2006

CEVICHE'S

We ventured out of the downtown area tonight and headed uphill to Ceviche's, a Peruvian restaurants in the Heights, and definitely one of Jersey City's best-kept secrets.

What a gem this place is! The service was great, the interior beautiful, and the food amazing. The only thing I regretted tonight was not inviting our friends to dinner with us.

We skipped the appetizers and ordered the Parrillado de Argentina ($30), the grilled meat platter consisting of chorizo, beef, pork chops and chicken, and the Ceviche Mixto ($16), a surprisingly generous dish of mixed seafood ceviche consisting of octopus, fish, shrimp, mussels with sides of baked potato, baked yellow squash, and cancha chulpe, the gigantic deep-fried Peruvian corn similar to corn nuts, but infinitely better.

I would post photos of our dishes here, but upon serving our entrees, our server apologetically informed me that the owners did not allow photography (this after I took about 4 photos of the interior and exterior). I normally would bitch and moan about ridiculous rules such as this, but our server was so nice about it, that I quietly put my camera away and commenced with our little feast. All of you out there in internet-land will have to visit Ceviche's to see [and taste] the food for yourselves.

Next time, I am definitely bringing 20 of our closest friends. Although ours was only one of two tables occupied tonight, I have a feeling this won't be much of a secret for much longer. At least, I hope not.

Ceviche's
A Seafood Restaurant with a Taste of South America
456 Central Ave.
Jersey City, NJ
(201) 420-0101


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home